Monday, September 10, 2007

Short Ride


New Tires!
OK, OK, I have way too much time on my hands.
So what!
I was glad to get rid of the Continental Ultra Sports.
They were good tires, but WAY too difficult to get on and off of the rims. It seems to me that the bead wire needs to be slightly longer.
Fortunately, I never had a flat with them while I was out on the road.
However, I did waste an entire pre-ride hour one time struggling to change a tube with a leaking valve stem. I even broke a tire lever while trying to pry the tire bead out of the rim. That has NEVER happened to me before!
I was hesitant to buy Continentals again but the Ultra Gatorskins seemed like the best choice at the bike shop. They were somewhat difficult to mount, but I don't think they were as tight as the Ultra Sports.
I think I'll go back to Bontrager after I wear these out.
.......................................

Once around the neighborhood,
out to Meadowood Park and back,
once around the park,
once more around the neighborhood.

Half hour

7 miles

YTD: 1,030 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home